Saturday

Who doesn't like a good movie. I know I do. Five of my top picks are movies from the forties and not surprisingly, in black and white. My prime requisite of 'a good movie' is one that I could watch again and again. These five qualify easily. The first is a comedy with Cary Grant which brings laughs from me every time I watch it. Here is an example of what is now classic funny. Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House:



A movie that is filled with classic character actors, one better than the other, and Henry Fonda to boot. The situation is so bad during the depression. It is frightening to even think of losing absolutely every thing, having no money and no prospects and wondering where today's meal will come from. I cringe from their dilemma each time I look at the movie.

No comments: